I’m working remotely for 145+ days. (March 2020)
In this post, I will describe my setup for Work From Home (WFH) @ zoph.io. I’m now using this setup daily since March 2020 due to the pandemic crisis.
I’m using macOS for 24 years now 👴, my first ever computer was a Performa 5200 (with TV Tuner card inside folks!! 📺). Nowadays, I’m using a MacBook Pro 13” 2,8 Ghz i7, 16GB Ram, 1 To SSD.
This form factor is pretty nice as when I need to work remotely (on Customer site)… sik… I’m now always run my motorbike, so I need a small form factor and light stuff for my backpack.
What I love with macOS is the possible customization, be able to run my dev tools with Darwin underline OS. The best compromise between nice-looking OS, and Unix system without the pain to get sound, and printer driver work… (in my opinion) - please don’t judge me! 🖐️
For several months now, I’m using two display with one in portrait mode for reading documentation, and long history app like Slack and MS Teams or wayyy tooo long CloudFormation templates.
- 2 * Dell U2719DC - 27” (2560 x 1440 pixels) - HDMI/USB-C
One cool thing about this monitor is, one usb-c port can charge your mac book pro (75W)
For Inputs, I like quite interactions so I’ve selected a silent version of mechanical keyboard and switches, with a mouse without noise (not event the clic sound!).
- Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II, and a Plantronics Blackwire 3200 headset for conferencing. Bose headphone was too long to pair using Bluetooth for incoming calls.
- Jawbone Jambox bought it few years ago in Seattle when I was working at Microsoft, the sound is amazing for the size!
- Home Optical Fiber - Symmetric 300 Mbit/s (only 33$/month sorry 🇺🇸 readers…)
- WRT3200ACM Wireless Router using DDWRT + PiHole
Regarding home furniture, I’m not a big fan of having the same as everybody else, but it was pretty convenient for me to order at IKEA. The quality is pretty good and the value for money is unbeatable.
That’s all folks! Don’t hesitate to Ask Me Anything (AMA) on comments or on Twitter.